APRIL 2018: MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD ON PEBBLE’S IMPACTS!
Pebble recently applied for one of the major permits they’ll need to mine in Bristol Bay, and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers is fast-tracking the environmental review. The comment period for the public to weigh-in on potential impacts of the project ends June 29th and the USACE needs to hear from you! Please submit a PERSONALIZED comment on the mine’s impacts, and attend a public scoping meeting if possible. Find tips for testimony here.
Submit a Written Comment
Find a comment letter for your region below, and customize it to include YOUR personal concerns about Pebble.
- Lake Iliamna Region (Nondalton, Iliamna, Newhalen, Kokhanok, Igiugig): CLICK HERE.
- Kvichak Drainage (Levelock, Naknek, South Naknek): CLICK HERE.
- Nushagak Drainage (New Stuyahok, Koliganek, Ekwok, Portage Creek, Dillingham, Aleknagik, Clark’s Point, Ekuk): CLICK HERE.
- Western Bristol Bay (Manokotak, Togiak, Twin Hills): CLICK HERE.
- Upper Alaska Peninsula (Egegik, Port Heiden, Pilot Point, Ugashik): CLICK HERE.
- Lower Alaska Peninsula (Chignik, Chignik Lake, Chignik Lagoon, Ivanof Bay, Perryville): CLICK HERE.
- General (all other Alaskans and Americans who are concerned about Pebble’s impacts in Bristol Bay): CLICK HERE.
The address for handwritten letters is:
US Army Corps of Engineers, Alaska District
Program Manager, Regulatory Division
Attn: DA Permit Application 2017-271, Pebble Limited Partnership
PO Box 6898
Joint Base Elmendorf Richardson AK 99506-0898
Attend a Public Meeting
The Army Corps is planning hearings in seven Bristol Bay communities. Oral testimony will be limited to three minutes per person, and will be taken by a court-reporter in each community. The hearings are first come, first served, so SHOW UP EARLY to ensure you are able to give your testimony! Computers will also be available to submit written comments at the meetings. For more information, click here.
- Naknek School, April 9, 3:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- Kokhanok Old School, April 10, 3:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- Homer High School, April 11, 5 – 9 p.m.
- Newhalen School, April 12, 3:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- New Stuyahok CQ Building, April 13, 1 – 4:30 p.m.
- Nondalton Community Center, April 16, 3:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- Dillingham Middle School Gym, April 17, 5 – 9 p.m.
- Igiugig Hangar Building, April 18, 3:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- Anchorage Dena’ina Center, April 19, 5 – 9 p.m. (Doors open to give testimony to a court reporter at 11 a.m.)
UTBB will also have prep rooms to help with testimony in the seven Bristol Bay communities where scoping meetings are being held.
4/8: Dolly’s Hall, 12 p.m.-6 p.m.
4/9: Naknek School, 10:30 a.m.-7 p.m.
4/9: Kokhanok Old School, 5:30-8:30 p.m.
4/10: Kokhanok Tribal Office, 9 a.m.-6 p.m.
4/11: Iliamna Green Building, 3-8 p.m.
- 4/12: Newhalen Community/Bingo Hall, 9 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
- New Stuyahok
4/12: CQ Building, Noon-6 p.m.
4/13: City Office, 9 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.
4/15: Community Center, 3 p.m.-6 p.m.
4/16: Tribal Office, 9 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
4/16: UTBB Office, 9 a.m.-6 p.m.
4/17: UTBB Office, 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
4/17: DHS Home Ec. Room, 3 p.m.-9 p.m.
4/18: Old Tribal Office, 11 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
Questions? Feel free to call our office at 907-842-1687!