SPRING 2018: MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD ON PEBBLE’S IMPACTS!
Pebble recently applied for one of the major permits they’ll need to mine in Bristol Bay, and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers is fast-tracking the environmental review. The comment period for the public to weigh-in on potential impacts of the project ends June 29th and the USACE needs to hear from you! Please submit a PERSONALIZED comment on the mine’s impacts, and attend a public scoping meeting if possible. Find tips for testimony here. WE MUST RAISE EVERY POTENTIAL ISSUE WE WANT THE ARMY CORPS TO CONSIDER.
Submit a Written Comment
Find a comment letter for your region below, and customize it to include YOUR personal concerns about Pebble.
- Lake Iliamna Region (Nondalton, Iliamna, Newhalen, Kokhanok, Igiugig): Click here to find a form letter that you can customize!
- Kvichak Drainage (Levelock, Naknek, South Naknek): Click here to find a form letter that you can customize!
- Nushagak Drainage (New Stuyahok, Koliganek, Ekwok, Portage Creek, Dillingham, Aleknagik, Clark’s Point, Ekuk): Click here to find a form letter to customize!
- Western Bristol Bay (Manokotak, Togiak, Twin Hills): Click here to find a form letter that you can customize!
- Upper Alaska Peninsula (Egegik, Port Heiden, Pilot Point, Ugashik): Click here to find a form letter that you can copy and paste, and then customize it!
- Lower Alaska Peninsula (Chignik, Chignik Lake, Chignik Lagoon, Ivanof Bay, Perryville): Click here to find a form letter, and then customize it!
- Bristol Bay Fishermen (: Click here to find a form letter, and then customize it!
- General (all other Alaskans and Americans who are concerned about Pebble’s impacts in Bristol Bay): Click here to find a form letter, and then customize it!
Comments can ALSO be submitted directly to the U.S. ACE by CLICKING HERE!
The address for handwritten letters is:
US Army Corps of Engineers, Alaska District
Program Manager, Regulatory Division
Attn: DA Permit Application 2017-271, Pebble Limited Partnership
PO Box 6898
Joint Base Elmendorf Richardson AK 99506-0898
- UTBB Releases Message to the Fleet Smokehouse Chat
- Bristol Bay Tribes Commend First Quantum for Making the Right Decision in Divesting from Pebble Mine
- Bristol Bay Residents Express Concerns with Proposed Pebble Project
- UTBB Releases Smokehouse Chat with Testimony Tips!
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers public meetings on Pebble permit application begin Monday