Pebble recently applied for one of the major permits they’ll need to mine in Bristol Bay, and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers is fast-tracking the environmental review. The comment period for the public to weigh-in on potential impacts of the project ended on June 29. The USACE has launched a website with information about the scoping process, Pebble’s application, and opportunities for the public to weigh in. To visit it, click here.
Please stay tuned for how you can continue to make a difference in the work to Protect Bristol Bay!
- Rock the Vote Parties Scheduled in Bristol Bay
- Final Pebble Mine Scoping Report Lacks Integrity
- Bristol Bay Tribes Urge State to Protect Cultural & Subsistence Sites
- Local Polling by Tribes Shows Regional Opposition to Pebble Mine
- Bristol Bay leaders thank Governor Walker for call to halt Pebble Mine environmental review